Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How's your driveway ?

As I was blowing the leaves from my driveway last night it occurred to me that I have done this before. Has that ever happened to you before? It is actually pretty mundane work yet I find it rewarding because the results of my work are seeable as I complete it.
Wouldn't it be great if you could see the results of all your work immediately upon completion?

Not always the case though, is it? You put in research, phone calls, e-mails, networking, meetings and at the end of the week you wonder if it was worth all the effort to maybe get a rejection letter.
The simple anecdote here is think of how many times Babe Ruth went to bat only to strike out more times than he hit home runs. Yet most people remember the homers.

So as you are out blowing your driveway or doing all that other work to find that next opportunity don't lose sight of the fact that it is the long term goal you are working towards.

No comments: