Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hitting the Wall

Have you ever hit the "Wall". It seems all your work, searching, return calls aren't going anywhere. You work hard to develop your next opportunity and you feel you aren't going anywhere?

Welcome to the reality of life. While talking with a friend of mine, that indulges in Psychology, it seems that many times we need to hit the wall. Maybe even fall down and feel bad or hurt. It seems to jolt our brains and when we get back up we can see a different side to the situation. Once that happens we can move forward.

You've heard the adage that when you can't solve the problem to go to bed and sleep on it. I can remember in my youth when I was learning to tie down loads on trucks. My mentor was showing and teaching me how to do the tie down knot. I just couldn't quite get it. The day was over and home I went. Went to bed and slept. Upon returning the following morning I walked up and immediately tied the load down. As though I had been doing it for years.

When you find yourself in that dilemma and can't seem to move forward that may be your signal to take a break, a total break and stop thinking and worrying about it.

If that doesn't work seek out a friend and talk with them.