Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Backlash

Lately some folks have been returning to the Support Group. Their story is they had recently obtained an opportunity then the economy has continued to sink. Thereby requiring the new company to make layoffs. Those folks have seen first hand the reason why we must continue to network albeit not as much as when not working.

We need to make the most of all our events, travel and gatherings. It isn't always about looking for the opportunities but once again making those personal relationships.

Once again:
Have fun
Meet people
Learn something

2 comments:

John Hooley said...

Hey Cleon,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I've found your networking guidelines to be particularly beneficial. I think you explained them at one of the first meetings I went to at Macadam and they've continually popped back up whenever I take the time to network. I've learned a lot, enjoyed myself, and met some very interesting people. And I think it's been a better focus than trying to sell-- as it makes me more inclined to listen.

Cleon Cox III said...

Thank you for your feedback John.