Friday, April 15, 2011

Where is the best place for me to do my networking?

The simple, actual, and short answer is: Everywhere! That's it for everyone. Remember that all your friends and family know many people in many careers. Each of those people know people and not all in the same profession. Don't get mired down in trying to only meet with people in your chosen profession, talk to everyone.

This is a numbers game and the more people you meet, make personal relationships with and most of all help will take you closer to your next opportunity.

When leaving the house my first goal is to have some fun. Then by listening well, people seem to lead me to the next question or idea. From there I may or may not suggest a connection. My big goal is to help those I can. I wind up networking anywhere, anytime.

No comments: