Sunday, January 31, 2010

Blogs and blogging

Those that know me know that I suggest everyone should have their own blog and secondly need to blog. Those that don't know me personally can take the previous sentence and apply it please.

So who reads these things? An interesting question. A year ago I was contacted by the editor of Marie Claire magazine. She mentioned that she had been reading my blog and wanted to talk. We talked.

You say "SO". I had never heard of Marie Claire magazine before. Why would they be reading my blog? This pointed out to me that people do use the Internet for research, and they are constantly searching today. I would have never guessed that they were looking at me. It also allowed them to inform me of another periodically.

Today as I opened up my blog I found a note to me suggesting I write new articles and not recycle older ones. They suggested it in a positive manner and I took it to heart.

We never know who will find us or if it will be of value. Part of that depends on how you define value.

So why blog: It forces us to write and improve our writing skills, always a good thing. It exposes us to be found by some we'd never expect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.