Friday, January 15, 2010

Being on time and showing up

Have you ever had someone not show up for a scheduled appointment? Worse yet have you ever failed to show up? Being late is bad enough but not showing is the worst. Over the years I have found to hold my judgement because once in a while there was a legitimate reason.

If we do our work right we should be able to contact our appointment if it appears we may be late because of cell phones. It is just common courtesy to apprise them of our lateness so they know whether or not you plan to show up.

Just let people know!

There is a young man that scheduled three appts. with me and either cancelled at the last minute or no showed. A few months later we crossed paths in a networking event. He approached me and began talking. He wound up totally apologizing and said he has heard from others that he wasn't too reliable. From there he went on to ask if we could try again to meet. I agreed and he would let me know via e-mail.

He made contact, we tossed dates and times back and forth and arrived at an agreeable time and day. On the assigned day I showed up ahead of time and proceeded to wait. After 30 minutes he is a no show. I'll hold my judgement as there was no e-mail or phone call to me.

My gut feel is he just isn't ready to really get busy.

Bottom line, communicate and don't miss appointments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.