Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Here it is, can you believe it is 2009? Some of you can remember the big deal about 2000, a whole new millennium. Now we are nine years into that new millennium. For me it recognizes that it was nines years to the day than Mom passed away. She held out for the new millennium even though she appeared comatose. A most memorable occassion for me.

Mom's love of English and proper use of it is what I took from that day. It was hard for me to see her passing as an opportunity or any joy for sure. As the years have moved along though I have come to understand that her passing is just another part of our lives and for me it was to take something from it. Manners and better use of our language is what I TOOK AWAY.

Today you get to think ahead and think about what's next. Start a blog, set up your own website, join other social networking groups ie: LinkedIn, maybe begin to Tweet. You say what is the value in wasting my time doing such non-productive chores. You may be surprised. You will find your networking will expand, you will learn new information and you just might be able to have a little fun.

Remember we are doing a lot in many different ways than we did 10, 20 or 30 years ago. Don't be affraid to explore and find new ways.

No comments: