Monday, October 4, 2010

Are you in the mood?

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you aren't in the mood to search or interview? Not uncommon for that to happen especially when we are depressed or getting a lot of No's.
The dangerous place is when we allow not being in the mood to overtake our task and do nothing. My mantra to "Have fun, Meet people, Learn something" can help with this phenomena. When you find you aren't in the mood then find a way to make it fun. There is no one way to accomplish this. Use that creative mind you have.
When I go to an event and find my shy side emerging I will engage others in conversation and see how long I can go before ever asking where they work or what they do. When I do this it is odd on how many times that questions gets answered without any prompting.

No comments: