Monday, April 27, 2009

Pack your pipeline

Many times people ask me how I bring in so many new members to my Toastmasters club. One way is I am always packing my pipeline. Like any salesperson I recognize that everyone isn't interested right now. So I work more on building personal relationships. Sometime they will actually come back and ask about Toastmasters. Sometimes when we meet again the topic may come up.

After attending a chartering party for a new club we started it was apparent to me that several of the folks in that club have know me for 5-10 years. When the time was right they happened to join a club.

As you continue your pursuit of your next opportunity work first to build a relationship. As you progress through life you may cross paths again. You may even become a resource for others. You all just may have another chance in life to be out there pursuing a new position again and you can stay in touch with these folks in your pipeline.

No comments: