Friday, March 14, 2008

Testamonial

Chris came to the group several months ago. Chris had graduated from college with an engineering degree, moved west and took employment in Portland. After seven years Chris was downsized, then decided to take a trip around the world for a year. Upon return
Chris came to the Support Group. During the meeting, Toastmasters was discussed. Chris decided to check Toastmasters out.

Fast forward a few months to this week. Chris and I were sitting next to one another at a meeting. After the meeting Chris looked at me and said "thank you", to which I thanked Chris. Chris said "No, I mean thank you for getting me into Toastmasters". I was almost embarrassed from pride. Chris could feel the growth in just the first four speeches. The ability to communicate even more clearly and be heard. Even personal conversations had improved.

No comments: